Willie Nelson: High on the road

Story of Willie Nelson's movie and song infused with weed


The Movie




Song: On the road again
Artist: Willie Nelson
Writer: Willie Nelson
Album: Honeysuckle Rose







How the song came into being? One of the greatest hits of country music is also one of the most whimsical ones. It turns out Willie Nelson wrote it without even thinking about it and adn't had any idea what he wrote even after he started writing it.


















In 1980, Willie Nelson starred his famous movie Honeysuckle Rose, where he was portrayed as a singer. After signing the contract, the producers of the film requested Nelson to write a theme song for the movie. To everyone's aw, Nelson started writing the song instantly. Later when interviewed, Nelson said the following:
"They were looking for songs for the movie and they started asking me if I had any idea. I said, 'I don't know, what do you want the song to say?' I think Sydney said, 'Can it be something about being on the road?' It just started to click in my head. I said, 'You mean like, 'On the road again, I can't wait to get on the road again'?' They said, 'That's great. What's the melody?' I said, 'I don't know yet.'"






More about Willie--

Comments